Philadelphia Cartoonist Society Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Warm Ups


Hey Folks. Much of what I'm working on these days are comic colors which I can't share until the release, but I thought I would throw up some of the warm ups I've started doing each morning in the studio. These pieces are done from landscape photos of national parks, portraits, paintings and one drawing of a character from my webcomic, Lineage, but done in the style of awesome artist Emily Carrol.

They're not the best pieces, to be sure, but I've been trying to get a better sense of atmosphere and value, while relying less on linework and pencil drawings in my work. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Nice, dude. That guy in the bottom left kinda looks like a royal Dennis Hopper. Lookit you, all painterly-like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, man! Looks like you and I are on the same wavelength these days. The studies are looking really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude these are great. Really appreciate how everyone has been up to sharing their process. Funny I can see how these warm ups are influencing Lineage. The colors, sense of space, lightness are all coming from these. Very kewl!

    ReplyDelete