Philadelphia Cartoonist Society Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wayne Elliss Memorial T-Shirt 2010

Sadly, I never got to know Wayne Elliss. From what all of his friends tell me, he was a great guy. I can tell when I talk to his best friend Wally that there losing Wayne was a huge loss to many people in Fishtown. So when Wally asked me to design this year's t-shirt for Wayne's Memorial Horseshoe Tournament, I was more than happy to oblige.


Wally had a very clear vision of what he wanted, very simple and direct. I've drawn a lot of t-shirt designs in my life, but I think this one may be my favorite because of its purpose and clarity. It's not often I work quick and simple, and do it for a good cause. I have to say that Wally is one of the better art directors I've worked with. And here I thought he was just my bartender.

The Wayne Elliss Memorial Horseshoe Tournament will be happening this Saturday, July 31 at 11 AM at Shissler Recreation Center. I believe the cost of entry is $20 a person or $40 a team. Food, beer, and good times will be provided. Folks should come out and support this unique memorial event. All proceeds go to Wayne's family's fund for a reward to help catch his killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment