Philadelphia Cartoonist Society Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Allow Myself to Introduce Myself

Hello..for those of you who don't know me, I'm Julie. Sam Heimer, fellow Autumn Society member was kind enough to invite me to this group recently, and I am thrilled as I've been a fan for a while!

Though I'm not sure if I would ever call myself a "cartoonist", my work has been called "cartoonish" and I undoubtedly draw a lot of influence from cartoon greats. Two of my favorite artists are Raymond Pettibon and R. Crumb.

Here's a screenprint I did recently while in a silkscreen class at Fleisher. It was gleaned from a sketch from my college days. Hope you like it.

"Skinny Minnie", 8.5 x 12.5" on French paper
Prints available in my Etsy shop


Thanks for having me!

Julie

4 comments:

  1. Hey Julie! Silkscreens are cooooool! I did my first comics show recently and had some old silk screens and they were like the only things I managed to sell. Ha!
    I want to do more but it's been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the PCS board! Keep posting, Julie! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie! Welcome aboard. Glad to see you posting, keep the art coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these colors! Great work, and welcome :)

    ReplyDelete