Philadelphia Cartoonist Society Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Prehistoric Pee Wee!

Check out my contribution to the "I Know You Are, But What Am I?"A Pee Wee Herman Tribute Art Show! The show is at Gallery 1988: Venice and opens tonight! This has to be my favorite show I've ever done for Gallery 1988 as Pee Wee is pretty much my favorite person ever! I watched the show, saw the movies, had the toys and most recently I got to see him do Pee Wees Playhouse on Broadway in NYC! Amazing, he really hasn't lost a step. So when i was asked to contribute some art to this show I had a really hard time figuring out what i wanted to do because i love everything he does! In the end I choose a scene from Pee Wees Big Adventure that had my 2 favorite things, Pee Wee and Dinosaurs! It will be on sale exclusively from Gallery 1988 at their location in Venice and on their website in a couple of days.


Print Info:
Title: Prehistoric Pee Wee
Medium: Giclee Smooth, Fine Art, 270 gsm, 15 mil., certified archival
Size: 11" x 17"
Edition: 20 Signed / Numbered
Limited Edition: #1 of 20 is Signed / Numbered / Framed with an actual red Pee Wee bowtie on the frame! (and if i must say, it looks awesome in person)
Price: $50 unframed / $100 framed

Gallery Info:
Show opens Friday, July 29th • 7-10 pm and runs til August 19th.

214 Pier Ave • Santa Monica, CA 90405
Ph: 424-238-5988 • e-mail: gallery1988@aol.com
Hrs: Wed -Sun 11am-6pm

No comments:

Post a Comment