Philadelphia Cartoonist Society Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Beer Sketches


Hey PCS folks! It's been a while since I've posted, and I wanted to get back to contributing. I thought, what better project to share with this crowd then a set of beer cards I'm working on. It's absolutely for personal enjoyment, something to do in between projects, that I hope to finish up soon.

Beer is something that I've tried to educate myself about over the past few years – learning about the many styles, processes and traditions – and we're in a great place for it. Philadelphia has an outstanding beer culture that includes top notch breweries, amazing bars and wonderfully knowledgable people within both. Over the years, I've read a lot about the subject and tried to relate what I'm reading to what I'm tasting. And after all, isn't that the fun part? With all that in mind, I wanted to represent something of the history behind these different styles. The finishes may wind up being printed as labels and photographed as a group, but for now I hope you guys dig the sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment